A lot of us know someone affected by hearing loss. In Australia 1 in 5 people live with the condition. This number increases to 1 in 2 for people over 60 years of age. Hearing loss progresses over time and it is best to recognise the signs early.
Hearing loss can significantly affect the quality of life for people with hearing loss and their families. The extent of the hearing loss also varies, from a mild to a profound hearing loss where loud safety signals may not be heard. Often, hearing loss shows through struggling to understand simple conversations, particularly in the presence of background noise.
Ready to improve your quality of life?
It has been clinically proven that hearing aids have the ability to change the quality
of your life.
- Reduce stressful communication in relationships
- Increase confidence within social gatherings
- Reinvigorate your enjoyment of your favourite television shows
- Give you more energy from not concentrating so hard on hearing
- Converse more easily with your peers when playing or watching sport
- Enable easier conversation on the telephone with loved ones far away
- Revive your passion for music
- Improve your general health and lowering your risk of dementia
- Give you a more positive outlook
- Greater participation and understanding in lectures, work meetings and seminars
Hearing aids are available in many different styles and brands. Hi-Tech Hearing
Specialists is an independent clinic so can supply and fit a broad range of hearing aids
including the following styles:
Mini behind the ear
Behind the ear
In the ear
Invisible in the canal
Brands We Stock
Different styles offer different features and benefits; for instance, IIC types are suitable for those wanting a discreet hearing aid, while RIC and BTE types deliver directionality and great performance, even when background noise is present. Selecting the style that’s best for your needs will depend on a number of factors, including your degree of hearing loss, your hearing needs/goals, the shape of each ear, your ability to manage the size of the device, cosmetics, and your personal preferences.
When it comes to the value of hearing aids, it’s what’s inside that counts. The technology itself is what determines the price point, not necessarily the style or size as many people think.
Generally hearing aids are priced according to categories of technology, and there are up to 6 levels of technology across all hearing aid manufacturers.
Costs per hearing aid from Hi-Tech Hearing Specialists vary from less than $1,500 to around $3,500 depending on the level of technology.